The parent is eligible to receive a certified copy of the death certificate if all of the following criteria are met:
- The parent's name is included in the deceased individual's death record.
- If the parent's name is not included in the death record, a copy of the deceased individual's birth registration that lists the name of the parent or, if applicable, a certified copy of a court order of adoption or certificate of adoption or other court order naming the applicant as the deceased individual's parent.
- If the decedent was born in Arizona, the parent shall provide the name and date of birth of the decedent for verification (provided on the application) in the applicable electronic registry system. If the decedent was born in another state, a copy of the deceased registrant's birth record that contains the name of the parent.
- The parent submits a signed application.
- The parent provides valid government issued identification or notarized signature on the application.
- The parent submits the appropriate fee(s).