What is the White Tank Grand Avenue Plan?
Maricopa County is updating its 2000 White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan. This is one of several area land use plans that work in concert with the County’s Vision 2030 Comprehensive Plan and provide more specific and localized planning guidance. Since the current White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan was adopted over 20 years ago, the region has experienced significant growth.
Given the growth and development that has occurred in both the incorporated and unincorporated areas in the West Valley over the past few decades, the County is now embarking on an update process to ensure that the region is planned holistically and in coordination with the wide range of cities, towns, school districts and landowners in the area.
The White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan will be:
- A plan that reflects the interests and needs of the White Tank Grand Avenue Area
- A plan that is more user-friendly
- A plan with up-to-date data
- A plan that aligns with State laws and current County policies and studies
- A plan that promotes coordination with other local and State planning efforts
- A plan that identifies an appropriate mix of land uses, services, and infrastructure
- A plan that identifies future growth patterns to provide development guidance
- A plan that identifies key goals and policies to guide future growth
What is this Plan's Timeline?
The County will be engaged in the White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan update process between spring 2023 and winter 2024. There will be opportunities to get involved and share your input between June-December 2023.
- Public Draft - White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan - October 16, 2023
- Maricopa County launches update of the White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan - Press Release, July 6, 2023
- White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan Existing Conditions Report (Executive Summary) - July 2023
- Maricopa County hosts community meeting for the White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan in Sun City West - Press Release, August 14, 2023
- 2000 White Tank Grand Avenue Area Plan
- Additional documents to be added throughout the process
Past Meetings and Presentations
How can I participate?
There will be a variety of ways to engage with the Plan Update throughout the process and info on this page will be updated regularly.
Comment on the Draft Plan (View Here>>)
The public is welcome to provide comments on the draft plan in one of three ways listed below: