FAQ - Terminating Guardianship Services


What if I am the guardian and I want to quit?


First determine if the guardianship services are still necessary or if the appointment may be terminated and guardianship appointment discharged.

If it is clearly demonstrated that the guardianship services are still necessary, discuss your concerns with other family members and see if another family member can provide some relief.

If there is no family able or willing to serve, contact a private fiduciary from the Arizona List of Licensed Fiduciaries (PDF) and see if they are willing to become Successor Guardian.

Last contact the Public Fiduciary and make a referral for successor guardianship. Note the investigator's name, email and phone number who will be assigned and begin open discussion about the Ward's needs, preferences and history.