Board of Supervisors Meeting Information
The five (5) member Board meets each month as defined in the Annual Posting Notice. Additional meetings throughout the year are listed in the Special Posting Notice. Use the Meetings & Agendas table below to locate information related to a particular meeting. If you are unsure of the date on which a particular item was heard, you may also click on the Meetings link (next to the Home link below) to find an item based upon key words and/or a date range. (NOTE: If using Internet Explorer, the Meeting link will require opening a new window, by clicking "Open this content in a new window". Please close that window to return to this web page.)
UPDATE: Board of Supervisors Meetings
- The Public is invited to attend Board meetings in person or online.
- Directions for remote access to any public meeting will be available on this site at least 24 hours before any meeting. Live video feeds are also available at www.maricopa.gov
Written: To leave comments for the Board of Supervisors, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual: To speak on an agenda Hearing Item virtually, indicate your desire to speak when registering below for the Webinar. You must register to speak before 8 am on meeting day. Listen only may register at any time.
- Residents may submit comments related to the Board Formal Meeting agenda before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 15th by emailing Agenda.Comments@Maricopa.Gov or calling 602-506-3766.
- Residents wishing to speak on a Public Hearing item in person, may submit a speaker form at the meeting or submit a speaker form here: English or Spanish
- Residents may watch the Board meeting live-streamed at Maricopa.Gov or Maricopa.Gov/324 at the time of the meeting.
- Residents may also watch via GoToWebinar.com, and entering the webinar meeting ID 219-595-547. Pre-registration may be done via this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1574263579477381136
- Residents may listen to the Webinar by dialing +1 (631) 992-3221, and entering the Audio Access code 934-967-495#. Long distance charges may apply.
- No Audio PIN is needed to listen only.
- If speaking virtually on a hearing item, desktop computer access is best. Cell phones must have webinar application downloaded to participate.
To search agenda items, click the "Meetings" link below this paragraph. Use these Instructions for searching Board of Supervisor's meetings since 7/1/2008. For the best experience, please use Chrome when conducting searches. To request meeting information prior to July 2008, please submit a Public Records Request to the Office of the Clerk of the Board.
Formal meetings typically occur on Wednesdays and are included on the annual posting notice (PDF). The formal meeting includes action agenda items from the various county departments and districts and often includes items from planning and development. Formal meeting are open to the public.
Agendas that include "Call to the Public" accommodate comments addressed to the Board of Supervisors. A completed Speakers Form must be submitted to the Clerk before "Call to the Public" begins.
Informal meetings typically occur on Mondays and are included on the annual posting notice (PDF). Often this meeting is comprised of presentations to the board but may also include items that require board action. Informal meetings are open to the public.
Special meetings are announced via a special public notice, which can be found in the meetings and agenda section. Special Meetings, with the exception of Special Executive Meetings, are open to the public.
Executive/Special Executive Meeting
The Board of Supervisors and/or the referenced Boards of Directors may vote to recess into executive session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the board’s attorney on any matter listed on an agenda pursuant to ARS §38-431.03 (a)(3), or for any other matter authorized under ARS §38-431.03, which has been specifically listed on the meeting agenda identifying the statutory basis for executive session consideration. Executive meetings are included on the annual posting notice (PDF) or may be posted as special meetings; however, the executive meetings are not open to the public.
Agendas contain information that is reasonable and necessary to inform the public of the matters to be discussed or decided, the time and place of the meeting, and must be available at least 24 hours prior to a scheduled meeting. Agendas may include supportive documentation, if provided, as a hyperlink to the agenda item title, and are subject to change. These documents are not fully executed documents. To obtain a copy of the fully executed document after the Board has acted upon the item, please submit a Public Records Request, or contact the Office of the Clerk of the Board.
- The Draft agenda and supportive documentation are often available 3 days before the meeting for a Formal Meeting. This version is subject to change.
- The Final agenda and supportive documentation are available at least 24 hours before a Meeting. This version may be modified at the meeting itself.
- Formal Meeting agenda items that were added to the Final agenda after the Draft agenda was published will be placed in the Addendum section of the Final agenda. Amended agenda items are notated on the Final agenda through the use of strike-add.
- Informal and Special Meeting agendas are often posted only as Final agendas; no Draft agenda may be published for these meetings.
Agendas for Other Boards
As needed, agendas for each of the following Boards are included on the main Board of Supervisors’ agenda:
- Board of Deposit Board of Directors (BOD)
- The Flood Control District Board of Directors (FCD)
- The Improvement District Board of Directors (ID)
- The Library District Board of Directors (LD)
- The Stadium District Board of Directors (SD)
The Summary includes the motion and vote for each agenda item and will be available no later than 5 days after the meeting.
The Minutes for the Board of Supervisors of Maricopa County (in addition to the Board of Directors of the Flood Control District, Library District and Stadium District) are available after receiving final approval by the respective Board. The Minutes include the motion and vote for each item as well as a summary of Board discussions, presentation summaries, and speaker's comments. All meeting minutes are carefully summarized and reviewed for quality and accuracy prior to receiving Board approval.
Minutes on the Clerk of the Board website are maintained from January 6, 2011 to the most recent meeting held. To request minutes from a Board meeting held prior to January 6, 2011, please submit a public records request to the Clerk of the Board’s Office.
Meetings are streamed live online for the public to watch while a Board meeting is taking place. After the Board meeting, the video recording of the meeting will be posted to the website no later than 5 days after the meeting. Not all meetings are recorded. NOTE: Microsoft Internet Explorer is currently required to view the Video link; for all other web browsers, use the MP4 link.
Interpreting services for those individuals with limited English proficiency will be available for those who wish to participate in the board meeting upon 24 hours advance notice through the Office of the Clerk of the Board:
301 West Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Habrá servicios de interpretación disponibles para aquellos individuos con conocimientos limitados del inglés quienes deseen participar en la reunión de la Junta, si da un aviso 24 horas por adelantado a través de la Oficina de la Secretaría de la Junta:
301 West Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Correo Electrónico: ClerkBoard@Maricopa.Gov
Americans with Disabilities Information
Alternative format materials, sign language interpretation and assistive listening devices are available for individuals with disabilities upon 72 hours advance notice.
To request assistance, please contact:
The Office of the Clerk of the Board
301 W Jefferson Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85003
To the extent possible, additional reasonable accommodations will be made available within the time constraints of the request.
For information regarding where the various Boards post agendas, please click on the name of the Board to review its Disclosure Notice.
- Flood Control District of Maricopa County (FCD) (PDF) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Improvement Districts of Maricopa County (ID) (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Maricopa County Board of Deposit (BOD) (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Maricopa County Board of Supervisors (BOS) (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Maricopa County Library District (LD) (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Maricopa County Stadium District (SD) (PDF) Opens a New Window.