Continuing Education Web Courses
Rabies Post Exposure Prophylaxis Basics
This course is designed to educate healthcare providers and public health professionals on the epidemiology of rabies in Maricopa County, Arizona, and the United States. It explains guidelines for deciding when and how to properly give rabies post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) as recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Emphasis will be placed on the resources available in the form of rabies risk assessments to improve patient care. It will also provide a context for how rabies and PEP decisions are made by public health and community-wide perspectives.
- 1.0 a.m.A PRA Category 1 Credits
- 0.1 ANSI/IACET CEU
- 1.0 CNE contact hours accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
- 1.0 CE from Arizona State Veterinary Medical Examining Board (only AZ vets)
- 0.1 CPE contact hours accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
"Talking Tobacco" Online Dental Course
Online course specifically designed for dental professionals on the oral manifestations of tobacco use and assistance for patients to quit.
- 2 CEUs
- Valley Fever Continuing Medical Education Course (English)
- Coccidioidomicosis Educación Médica Continua Para Médicos Generales (Español)
- 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
The CDC offers numerous CE credit opportunities for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers. All courses are based on recommendations made by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice.
Documenting Cause of Death: Why Bother?
The course educates Arizona physicians, PAs, and NPs about completing the Cause of Death section of the Death Certificate. This course is hosted by the Greater Valley Area Health Education Center (GVAHEC).
- 2 CME
Organization: Arizona Department of Health Services
Medical Marijuana Continuing Medical Education (CME) Module
The Arizona Department of Health Services has collaborated with the U of A's Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health to develop a 5-hour course regarding the physician's role and expectations under AZ Medical Marijuana program.
- CME Certificate
Organization: Arizona Department of Health Services and University of Arizona