Transportation planning studies
Signal Butte Road Corridor Improvement Study
(Rittenhouse Road to US 60)
- Identify long term corridor needs and requirements.
- Establish future roadway design criteria.
- Develop access management guidelines to ensure safe and efficient traffic flow.
- Establish the future roadway type, number of lanes and roadway alignment along the Signal Butte Road corridor that will ultimately be required to accommodate forecasted corridor travel demands.
- Idntify ultimate right-of-way preservation requirements for the future Signal Butte Road Corrdor serving as a regionally significant roadway.
- Develop an Implemantation and Phasing Timeline for the recommended improvements.
- Establish guiding principles, policies and guidelines to ensure a seamless transportation facility jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- Interagency coordination (Signal Butte Road passes through multiple jurisdictions).
- Address connectivity issues associated with current discontinuous route.
- Address regional and local growth and development.
- Ensure future roadway compatibility with future corridor environment.
Preliminary Issues & Challenges
Early in the study process, a preliminary list of study issues and potential challenges was compiled. This list will expand as the study progresses. major issues identified at this stage include:
- Incorporation of both regional and local traffic demands.
- Achieving balance between roadway performance/efficiency and number/type of access points.
- Accomodating current and future land use and development plans.
- Connectivity with existing and future regional transportation routes.
- Balancing both jursidictional and property owner interests.
- Overcoming engineering challenges.
- Compatibility of future roadway with future corridor environment.
- Establishing uniform roadway and drainage design criteria.
- Development of a realistic improvement implemantation timeline and financing strategies.
|Study Kick-off||November 2008|
|Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting||February 2009|
|Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) Meeting||September 2007|
|Public "Scoping" Meeting||March 12, 2009|
|Engineering Phase Alternatives Development and Evaluation||March / April 2009|
|Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting||March 2009|
|"Alternatives Analysis" Public Meeting||May 2009|
|Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting||May 2009|
|Recommended Alternative Design Features||June / July 2009|
|"Findings and Recommendations" Public Meeting||July 2009|
|Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting||July 2009|
|Draft Final Report||September 2009|
|Final Report||November 2009|